Monday, June 29, 2009

A beginning

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." ~ Seneca (Roman philosopher, mid-1st century AD)

"The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are." ~ J. Piermont Morgan (Life coach)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

In everyone's life, they face several new beginnings: new job, new relationship, new baby, new house, a new day.  How many beginnings are we given everyday?  A morning, a sunrise, a greeting, a meal, a shower.  Every moment in the day gives us the chance to make a change, a change in the direction we're going.  And how many of those new beginnings do we ignore?  How many do we let pass us by only to lament their passing?

I started this blog to embrace those beginnings.  One of my favorite beginnings of all time is the picture above.  No, I didn't take it today.  It's over 100 degrees outside, and I don't look forward to going out in it.  Instead, this is a picture I took from my camera phone last week.  It is a lovely picture of my sister-in-law and her new baby from an outdoor concert with the Air Force Rock Band.  Her birth, her life is one of my favorite new beginnings.  Abby is so full of life, from day one.  When I held her in my arms for the first time, she wasn't even 24 hours old.  She grabbed my hair, danced her arms and legs to the sounds in the room, and was the most precious thing I've ever held in my arms.  

Someday soon, I want to have a precious child of my own.  But I cannot get to that place in my life if I don't take charge of the beginnings given to me in my life.  

Blessings to the new beginnings in all of our lives.
~Zabby

No comments:

Post a Comment